ISHRS Member Since : 1993
Dr Bessam Farjo trained at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and specialised in hair & scalp surgery in Toronto, Canada in 1992. With his wife, Dr Nilofer Farjo, he practises hair restoration full time in Manchester and London (United Kingdom). His current practice mainly offers follicular unit transplantation by both strip and FUE methods up to 5000 grafts per session.
Apart from male and female pattern hair loss, Dr Farjo takes a keen interest in corrective work, eyebrows, transplanting into scars and hairline revision after face-lift procedures. He is heavily involved in hair and hair loss related research with universities and laboratories across the UK as well as other colleagues. His past and present collaborations include Intercytex plc (hair cell cloning), University of London, University of Manchester, University of Bradford, Durham University and Unilever plc. His many years of research work and publications was recognised by the ISHRS in 2012 with the prestigious Platinum Follicle Award jointly with his wife, Nilofer.
He regularly attends (usually as invited guest or faculty) several conferences and workshops every year and keeps in continuous consultation and debate with colleagues around the world. He operates a busy practice in the UK mainly through recommendation, word of mouth, referral from colleagues and other professionals in affiliated fields and the internet.
1. Medical School, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 1982-88 (MB, ChB, BAO, LRCP & SI)
2. Fellow, International College of Surgeons (FICS) 2001
3. Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery* 2003
* not recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) at this time.
1. Past President and Founder Member, British Association of Hair Restoration Surgery
2. Past President (2007-08), International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS). Member since 1993.
3. Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
4. Member, European Hair Research Society
5. Fellow, European Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
6. Fellow, Board Governor and Medical Director, Institute of Trichologists
7. Founder Member, The Trichological Society